This policy describes in plain English exactly what data we collect from you when you visit our website (www.edwarcharles.co.uk) or contact us by telephone / email / in person, how we process this data and how you can get in touch with us with any questions.
This policy is effective from May 2018. By using or registering with our website, or by giving us your information by telephone / email / in person, you consent to this policy.
Edward Charles & Partners provides business services to Legal Persons and to this end utilises our legitimate interest to collect and process personal data, and retains this for a period of six years.
Personal data is retained where necessary for legal and contractual requirements and for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- We will never sell, rent or trade information about you to other companies.
- In accordance with the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information that you have given us to prevent unauthorised access.
- We will not collect information unless it is used to deliver a better service or to give you useful, relevant information.
Data We Collect from You
We receive information about you in two ways:
1. Directly from you
This is usually your contact details you provide via a form (e.g. to request further information or download a resource), or by telephone / email / in person.
2. Automatically from the ww.edwardcharles.co.uk website
This includes your IP address and browsing behaviour. Understanding the way you interact with our site enables us to improve our service to you.
Securely Using Your Data
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may legitimately interest you. You can choose to opt out of contact at any time.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also compile and provide aggregate statistics about our site users, information requests, traffic patterns and any other related website information but we will never identify you as an individual.
Information about you will be kept secure and it will not be supplied to anyone else, unless we are obliged or permitted by law to disclose it.
Edward Charles & Partners do not sell, rent or trade any personal information supplied by you to any third party.
Your Data Protection Rights
Please contact us at any time to:
- Request access to information that Edward Charles & Partners has about you
- Correct any information that Edward Charles & Partners has about you
- Delete information that Edward Charles & Partners has about you
- Ask any questions about Edward Charles & Partners collection, storage and processing of your data
Email: email@example.com (or in reply to whomever may have emailed you)
Phone: +44 (0)20 7009 2300
Address: 1 Marylebone High Street, London W1U 4LZ United Kingdom
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us above.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with your Supervisory Authority. In the UK, the supervisory authority is the ICO, https://ico.org.uk
A cookie is a very small text file placed on your computer. Cookies help us to:
- Understand browsing habits on our website
- Understand the number of visitors to our website and the pages visited
- Remember you when you return to our website so we can provide you with a more personalised experience
Most cookies are deleted as soon as you close your browser, these are known as session cookies.
Others, known as persistent cookies, are stored on your computer either until you delete them or they expire.
You can choose to block or delete cookies through your browser settings at any time or click on the link to reset.
External Links/Public Areas
Our website may contain hypertext links to other sites. Edward Charles & Partners is not responsible for the privacy practices of such website operators.